who do you vote for when the prospect of either candidate as president makes you want to scream like a girl and flee the country? not that it matters what i think, because of the electoral college and the fact that i live in "liberalville", my vote won't matter much. but still...
i am one of those mysterious undecided voters, who theoretically could be swayed to join either side, but in reality, will make the last minute decision based on a combination of my upbringing and my gut instinct of who will do the least amount of damage to the country and to the world. the polls have no way of predicting the reasoning behind that one.
maybe i am crazy, but i can't wait until the election is over, and the decision has been made, and we can all proceed to deal with the consequences. any suggestions on where i should go if i decide to flee?
(these are my thoughts as i am also simultaneously pondering why people at church understood my halloween costume, but people at work didn't, and thus led to much lamer costumes winning the company costume contest. am i an elitist? yeah for halloween...)
i am one of those mysterious undecided voters, who theoretically could be swayed to join either side, but in reality, will make the last minute decision based on a combination of my upbringing and my gut instinct of who will do the least amount of damage to the country and to the world. the polls have no way of predicting the reasoning behind that one.
maybe i am crazy, but i can't wait until the election is over, and the decision has been made, and we can all proceed to deal with the consequences. any suggestions on where i should go if i decide to flee?
(these are my thoughts as i am also simultaneously pondering why people at church understood my halloween costume, but people at work didn't, and thus led to much lamer costumes winning the company costume contest. am i an elitist? yeah for halloween...)
3 comments:
I'm so with you Kera! Watching the debates made me want to move for atleast the next four years! I don't trust either of them and they both give me the hee bee jee bee's. (SP?) Good luck!!!
Hey Kera,
I know what you mean. I am down to just realizing what a liberal Democrat in office would mean. It would mean our country will be run by people who believe murdering babies is fine, gay marriage is fine, stealing from working families to pay for lazy bums who refuse to work is fine, high taxes is fine, socialized medicine is fine, taking gun rights away is fine, pretending like terrorism isn't really a serious threat to our country and giving up the war...see where I'm going? I am voting for McCain in hopes that someone who has a little bit more in common with me will veto bills that try to take away all our rights as Americans. Someone who will keep the government from controlling our lives completely. Someone who can at least try to keep us from TYRANNY. There. That's what I think. :) Love ya.
Ooh Kera, I'm glad someone else is in my boat. :) It's a scary time. I live just outside DC now, and politics is everywhere! The least amount of damage is what I'm going for now, too. I've always considered myself a republican, but do I really want to vote for a dirtbag who has cheated on two wives? If he can't even keep commitments to his wife, why do I think he's being at all honest with me? On the other hand, the abortion issue (not that it will come up at all in this presidency, because the Supreme Court has already decided on it...) is big, as is gay marriage (obviously big in California). But do I want to see health care for all Americans? Absolutely! And does it bother me that there is very little gun control when my county has many murders A DAY? Oh yes. Oh my, what's a girl to do. I hear Canada's a great place, should we have to run. :) Or maybe a nice island in the Carribean? See ya there.
Post a Comment