Saturday, March 13, 2010

bucket list

i couldn't sleep last night. i got to thinking about the *big* birthday that will be coming up for me later on this year. i thought about all the things that i've wanted to do and accomplish, and how i haven't done many of them yet. so i started writing my own bucket list of things i want to do in my lifetime. so here goes... remember, this is just the start, and in no particular order...

1. write a song, with words and everything
2. write a book
3. make an album
4. finish a painting or two
5. crochet a blanket
6. own a house
7. decorate said house
8. design a landscape
9. design a wedding bouquet
10. make a dent in the 1000 places to see before you die list
11. go back to paris
12. use my french again
13. be part of a band
14. fall in love
15. see the pyramids
16. go on an african safari
17. enter something in a contest at the county fair
18. learn meditation from thais on the violin
19. learn claire de lune on the piano
20. become a scriptorian
21. become a great cook
22. have a baby
23. get organized
24. be as skinny as i was on my mission
25. have parties for every holiday
26. visit the home countries of my ancestors (aka scandinavia and british isles)
27. take a grecian vacation

as i look over this, i realize a lot of it has to do with traveling and seeing new sights. anyone want to be my travel partner? :)

what's on your bucket list?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'll totally be your travel buddy. I just need a job to help fund the trips!

Anonymous said...

I like your list. I'd love to go to Demark, Scandinavia, British Isles (if I have a rain parka and boots). I'm not really sure about the safari. Funny you mention Claire de Lune. I am planning on learning that this summer. As far as the county fair, my suggestion is to grow a zucchini :o)

Kara said...

One of my life goals (ie my bucket list) is to meet Shirley Temple. I think that my best chance is to send her a letter and see if I can get an autograph ;0)