in thinking about life and the way things are going, i've decided that it must be time for the continuation of the two big lessons of life. be humble, be patient. be humble, be patient. and having faith goes along with those two. it seems that no matter how i plan the way i think life should be, it turns out very differently. that's not a bad thing. i've realized that my perspective of life is so completely limited most of the time, so it's good that someone who knows a heck of lot more than me is in control. it does get frustrating when i don't understand where i'm going or even why i'm on the road, but in the end it always turns out better than i expected. so, be humble. i know i don't know everything so i shouldn't wonder why things aren't happening they way i thought. be patient. again, i don't know everything, so i shouldn't expect things to happen when i want them to. i know, this isn't anything new, but it's apparantly easy to forget. both of these lessons require faith. faith to trust and have confidence in someone else, someone who knows what he's doing. it's a beautiful thing! hard to learn, but beautiful.

ps. i found this amazing shot on flickr. i hope they don't mind me stealing it... :)
4 comments:
Hi, Kera! It was so fun to spend time with everyone at Disneyland, wasn't it? So i just read your comment about Gilmore Girls--I would have let you borrow them when you came over! But of course you can, so you want to start with season 1? let me know. And yes, life is funny how it kind of circulates every so often... :)
Thank you for your thoughts! I definetly needed that! Sometimes I am so frustrated and I know I just need to be patient! the Lord knows what He is doing and I just have to have faith in Him! I hope all is well! YOu looked gorgeous at your friends wedding! I loved her dress too!
Kera this is beautiful. I think we all go through times where it's just plain frustrating to not understand the greater plan. I for one needed to hear this because I too forget often! Thanks for helping me put things into perspective!
I want to be as thoughtful about things as you. It seems that your words are really something I needed to hear right now.
Thanks for that. It's interesting how lessons circulate through life, and keep repeating themselves, and sometimes painfully beating us over the head. Yet, somehow, we forget the lesson after we get distracted-
I think that patience, and faith are lessons that we all learn at some point. Watching my two daughters grow has given me a little insight that often what they want for themselves really isn't the best thing for them at the time. I am so hypocritical, because moments after I tell my daughter no to some request because it's not the best thing for her at the time, I find myself wondering why I can't have what I want at the moment, and don't understand why Heavenly Father may be telling me that He knows better than I do about what I need.
You're a strong example of faith, and always have been. Keep that up, and the rest of life's surprises and blessings will follow.
-Jed
Post a Comment