Thursday, April 02, 2009

overplayed

there are two songs that are played on the radio everyday when i drvie to work, drive to lunch, and drive home for work. i hear them 3 times a day, no matter what radio station i listen to. ok, maybe not the spanish ones...

1. Love Story - Taylor Swift. this one has gotten quite annoying. first of all, she sings a range of what, 4 notes? second, the words make no sense. "you were romeo, i was a scarlet letter". these are two completely different stories, neither of which have a love story that i would like to aspire too. did she seriously just call herself an adulteress?

2. Shattered - OAR. this one is growning on me. plus i find it slightly ironic when i'm driving to work, and it says "i always turn the car around". i'm taking it as a sign.

do any of you have songs that you hear daily? please share!

4 comments:

emily and Nate said...

I fully agree with the Taylor Swift song, it's on ALL the time and I can never hear it without it getting stuck in my head.

anelieze castrejon said...

I hear that one song by that one guy with a whiny voice...hold on, I have to google it...You Found Me by the Fray. I don't really like this guy's voice but I hear it EVERY TIME I get in the car. I also hear Viva la Vida by Coldplay all the time, but I don't mind cuz I actually like that song.

Anonymous said...

Ditto about Taylor-- I have never figured out how the scarlet letter and Romeo went together either other than they didn't do their English homework. I have a joke, in the morning sometimes I switch between VH1 and CMT and if they don't show a Taylor video I figure it is an omen that the day may hold something spectacular but Taylor is soooo overplayed.

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

um - yes. All American Rejects "It Gives You Hell" drives me nuts!

I actually liked "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Collait a LOT when I first heard it. Being played far too often now...