Saturday, February 09, 2008

my day at the beach

it was an absolutely gorgeous day today, so i decided to spend a few hours at the beach. i basically read and pondered the meaning of life the whole time, but i managed to snap a few pics. this is the beach closest to my house, only a few minutes away. there were lots of kids running about. the seagulls were coasting along in the breeze. i could feel the spray of the waves as they broke. and on my way back to my car there were a couple of older men with bellies and tats flying kites. i would've like to have gotten a photo of that, but i didn't want to get beat up...

a view of the ocean towards channel islands.


a view of the snow capped mountains, towards ojai



a view of anacapa island, with a boat in front, if you can see it. or maybe its an oil rig. one can never tell...


3 comments:

Callie said...

Those are beautiful pictures! Wish we were there to enjoy the waves.

emily and Nate said...

oh that looks so relaxing, we have snow and cold here, I think I'm ready to move to CA!!!!!

Kacy & Adam said...

Kera- Hey! I just found your blog through Katie Kempton...you know the whole web of people connection! I just wanted to tell you how strange this world is! I married an Australian, we go back home every year to spend time with his family. while we were there this year we invited some friends over to our beach house on Straddie and lo and behold they know your family!!! Our friends are Lane and Shannon Boland...not sure of her maiden name though which is when I think she knew your family in her neighborhood. Anyway, I am not sure if you even remember me from school :) but I just had to share the coincidence. Looks like you have an amazing life and have been able to experience so many awesome things in this world. Hope you have a great Easter weekend!
Kacy (Mitchell0